Thursday, January 7, 2010

Catch up!

I have not written lately because I have been sick, my husband has been out of town for a couple of days, and I have been working on potty training my youngest son. I did not have this much trouble out of the first two. Jacob is 3 1/2, one would think that he would want to use the potty instead of his pants. . . Sunday night, I was home sick, he pooped his pants and would NOT let anyone change him. He came home with a dirty bottom and said he did it because he "wanted to sit in it." Now, I think he got that from someone else because normally he comes to me and asks to be changed. Maybe he is starting to get some pride. . . I hope that it helps! He did poop in the potty yesterday. He got to choose a prize and got a slinky.

Today Sarah got upset with me because I gave a coat to the school for a child that may need one. She already has one and was given another. She said, "I want two coats!" I explained that Jesus would want her to give the other one to a little girl that needed it. She was not happy.

I realize more every day that we are so blessed! I have heard many stories lately of people who do not have heat in their homes. There was even one man, who was living in a tent, that froze to death in the last couple of days. Thank you God for your many blessings!!

The children have been fighting lately. I guess they know I do not feel well. Also they need to go outside and run! It has been in the thirties all week. Too cold to play outside much. I read, in a magazine, the other day about a mother that makes her children sit on the couch and hold hands when they fight. If that does not work they have to hug for 5 minutes and if that doesn't work they have to give kisses for 5 minutes. She said once they get finished they love each other and it rarely gets past the hugging.

I hope to have more to post tonight. Until then I am Triply Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment