Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow

Revival
by Steve Crow

Snow is a mind falling,
a continous breath of climbs,
loops, spirals, dips into the earth
like white fireflies wanting
to land, finding a wind between houses
diving like moths into their own light
so that one wonders if snow is a wing's
long memory across winter.

I love this poem! Would you believe that baby Shakespeare introduced me. I think this may be my favorite.

The children were excited about the snow. Joel played outside for a little while. The twins went out for about 20 minutes and Sarah came in crying. She was cold and wet. The boys were not far behind. Snow falling is so peaceful! I love to curl up by a fire with a book and hot tea beside a window. I love these days. Unfortunatly in the south we do not get many snow days. They are usually ice days.

As I was taking Sarah and Joel to school this morning Sarah said, "Mom, I think my teacher would love it for me to bring her flowers for Valentine's Day! I think she would like that." She is so sweet. I am trying to teach them to think of others and do things to let others know that they are appreciated. Maybe it is working. . . Although, on the way home she said, "I am not sharing my candy! Never, Never! It is mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment